Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Play


There seems to be a sense of play in living a creative life. All those that I know who live life creatively (whether they be artists or not) appear to be playing and having fun. Now, one might think that play is the natural outcome of living life creatively, but as one of my inspirations, commercial photographer Chase Jarvis, with the help of Carl Jung, mentions in his recent blog post that creativity is a natural outcome of play.

So here is a question: how can we play at this experience called life? With all of the work and responsibility that goes into living, how can we have a sense of play and wonderment supporting all of it? And what would that do to our sense of aliveness? My personal ideas are that life would become more fun, playful, enjoyable, creative, meaningful.

I'm also interested in Carl Jung's idea that play might be an instinct acting from an inner necessity. Perhaps I'll address that in a future post. For now, how can you bring a greater sense of play into your daily life with a sense of curiosity about what might come from it?

As always, your thoughts are greatly appreciated and feel free to take a moment to visit my website at www.koipondcounseling.com

My best,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment